Memories... Experiences... Thoughts...

Sunday, February 07, 2010

I'm leaving this place

Another week to go before I leave DSTA. Had my farewell lunch today at the M Hotel. The mixed feeling got stronger. I am supposed to be relieve and happy and yet, there's a small tinge of reluctance.

Everyday, I can still hear the boss 'screaming' into the phone. The project obviously is not in a good shape. Already more than 300 million has been pumped into this project and honestly I'm not sure how much more it needs before completion. The vendor from country X, as usual, can't deliver and played with words on the system requirements. We got so used to all these nonsense that it becamse part and parcel of our work. A simple thing that should take just 2 days to complete will typically take 2 weeks. I'm glad I'm out of all of these.




On the other hand, I'm leaving a place of comfort. I'm leaving a place where the pay is relatively very good comparing to the amount of work, the level of staff benefits, the long lunch hours and the nice and easy going people. I'm leaving my comfort zone, and venturing to a place of uncertainty.

But.. I feel that I'm beginning to like that kind of feeling.. I managed to break free of the norm.

Whether I make it as a biz development guy, or make something out of my stay at my father's place, I'll just let fate decide. I have decided to believe that, sometimes, its not about what you do, but what is installed for you...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So just because you did an MBA makes you think you are superior to others?

Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home